Forgot your PIN? Contact library staff at (501) 623-4161 or (501) 922-4483 for a new one.
Get the Card with Major Connections
When you have a Garland County Library Card, you have made a major connection to books, music, movies, research and much more. It’s free, it’s easy and it's your connection to information and entertainment.
Please note: All documents presented to obtain a Library card must include your current address.
- Be a Garland County or Saline County resident.
- Verify current address using one of the following document types:
- Arkansas driver’s license or Arkansas I.D. card
- Local utility bill
- Bank checkbook
- Provide Social Security or Arkansas driver’s license number, which must be confirmed with a Social Security card, Arkansas driver’s license, military I.D. or other printed document.
- Provide an alternate contact — a friend, relative, or neighbor who does not reside with you.
Children and Young Adults
A parent or legal guardian must accompany applicants aged 5-14 and the parent’s identification will be used to verify residential address and social security number.
Young adults (aged 15 and older) may apply for their own cards and may use their own identification for verification.
Non-resident cards are available at a cost of $30 per year for people who do not reside in Garland or Saline counties.
Checkout Limits for New Cards
Applicants may check out a maximum of three items at one time during the first three weeks. Visit our Circulation page for further details on checkout limits and renewals.
Library Card Replacement
A $1 fee is charged to replace a library card. Please report lost or stolen cards immediately. Also, report any change of address or contact information as soon as possible.
Each overdue item will incur a fee of 10 cents per day up to a maximum fine of $5 per item.
Patrons of participating libraries may have the opportunity to receive a Gateway card, which allows reciprocal borrowing privileges with many libraries in Arkansas. Check out the brochure (pdf)or ask staff for more information about the program.